I wish to start a discussion around using csrCANTO as a collateral asset in the Canto Lending Market (CLM).
firstly, some context:
- csrCANTO is an ERC-20 version of $CANTO that is enabled with CSR, and has accounting logic to redistribute all rewards back to holders.
- Essentially, contracts/addresses that hold csrCANTO receive CANTO dividends
- These dividends are not streamed, and must be claimed
- The source of the yield is gas fees spent interacting with the csrCANTO smart contract
If implemented, the contract that holds the csrCANTO collateral within the CLM would technically be eligible to claim the rewards, and we can delegate the claiming rights to another contract.
I see 2 potential use cases for this:
- The CANTO dividends can be used to give to the LPs as boosted rewards (paid in CANTO)
- The CANTO dividends can instead be used for public goods funding, or perhaps be redirected to the treasury to augment future rewards paid out to hackathon winners in future seasons
Let me know your thoughts on the above. Looking forward to discussing this further!